Pack-Away Trip to USS Yorktown - come here for details
This post has been viewed 2209 times
Email to a Friend
Posted on Thu, Feb 21, 2019
Come here for Yorktown details
NOTE: We will receive our final itinerary from the facility 72 hours before the trip. We will post updates here as we have them.
This is a fun and memorable trip! We hope you are as excited as we are about it.
- Trip Dates: March 9-10. It is recommended to arrive on the 8th, if possible, and stay at a local hotel.
- We will gather around 10:30am on the 9th, in the parking area, for an 11am check-in. Lunch is provided aboard the ship.
- Scouts should wear their Class A Uniforms to and from the event, and all day on Saturday.
- Scouts must be at least 6 years old to spend the night aboard the ship.
- No carry-on food or drinks will be allowed. A snack bar and vending machines are available in addition to scheduled meals.
- What to bring: Each person must bring a sleeping bag, pillow, toiletries, and all other necessary personal effects. Insect repellent (non-aerosol) is advisable.
- Weather: Will keep an eye on this, but long-range forecast looks comfortable!
- You are free to explore the entire Patriot’s point areas, but plan to be in attendance for Saturday Lunch and Dinner, the Tour on Saturday, Pack photo Saturday evening, and Sunday Breakfast.
- Parents must supervise their children at all times. Can't emphasize this enough. While this is a Pack event, please treat it as a family outing. Stay with your children at all times.
The program that will participate in is called, "Sub, Destroyer, and Aircraft Carrier, Oh My!" This is broken into 2 groups, at 1pm and 3pm (you will be notified of your grouping).
We will visit the submarine, destroyer and aircraft carrier to learn what it was like to live and sleep in each vessel’s berthing quarters. From the cramped quarters of the USS CLAMAGORE, to the USS LAFFEY, and finally the USS YORKTOWN, the experience will make each visitor appreciate their own “berthing” quarters more!
Saturday, March 9
10:30 AM Saturday: Pack 459 to meet near the entrance to the Yorktown for roll-call. Meet by cannons in grassy area.
12:00 PM: Box Lunches – Meet @ Snack Bar @ 12:00 Noon to pick up.
1 PM: Guided Tour for Last Names “A” through “Leeman”. Assemble in front of theater.
3 PM: Guided Tour for Last Names “Mori” through “Z” (and Butler). Assemble in front of theater.
4:30 PM: All of Pack 459 meets “On Deck” aboard the Yorktown for a Pack Photo.
5:00 PM: Dinner in Meal Hall (assemble in hanger bay 3)
7:00 PM: MANDATORY FIRE DRILL
(Optional) 7:15 PM: G-Rated Movie in theater.
(Optional) 8:30 PM: PG-Rated Movie in theater
11:00 pm: Taps. ALL campers in their bunks.
Sunday, March 10
6:30 AM: Reveille
7:10 AM: Meal Call for Pack 459 (assemble in hanger bay 3)
8:30 AM: Dismissal. Have a safe trip home, or enjoy more of the ship!
No messages have been posted.
You must first create an account to post.