Posted on Wed, Nov 16, 2016
Pack 459 is going Underground
Our 2017 Pack 459 Packaway will be to Cumberland Caverns in McMinnville Tennessee. On Saturday March 18 we will spend the night underground.
We will be doing the “What waits below” This adventure includes the Daily Walking Tour, the Rocky Topper Spelunking Adventure, sleeping in the cave, and breakfast the next morning.
All attendees must sign a Cumberland Caverns Release form (download here)
What Waits Below
Our original overnight underground caving & camping experience is fun for all. Camp-out underground in the “10-Acre Room” with all the comforts a true caveman or cavewoman would expect, including fully functional underground restrooms.
Trip includes the Daily Scenic Walking Tour, Rocky Topper Caving Tour, and breakfast in the Volcano Room.
- 5:30 p.m. check-in
- Groups generally leave the cave the next morning between 8:00-8:30 a.m.
- 7:30 a.m. breakfast is served in the Volcano Room
Minimum Age Requirement: 6 years old
Things to bring
- Tarp to put under sleep area.
- Bedding (air mattresses, sleeping pads, cots are allowed and yes we have outlets for your pumps)
- All explorers are required to wear lace up shoes or boots.
- Clean clothes (you WILL get muddy & wet)
- Light jacket (cave is 56* long sleeves and light jacket will be enough)
- Garbage bags to put muddy/wet clothes in.
- Personal toiletries (no showers in the cave) but we do have clean up stations and restrooms): towels, wash rags, etc.
- Knee pads (Hint: Adults you WILL want these.)
- Flash light (caves are dark)
- Money/debit card(for snack bar & gift shop)
- CPAP devices allowed (we can put you near outlet if we know in advance)
- A good attitude. You are going to have FUN!
- Outside food or drinks (snack bar in cave, please eat only in the designated area)
- Tobacco products
- Weapons (pocket knives are allowed but need Whittling Chip)
- Horse play (Have fun but safety first!)
- Excessive noise (Please be considerate of your neighbors!)
Take nothing but pictures.
Leave nothing but footprints.
No messages have been posted.
You must first create an account to post.